Friday, December 14, 2012

Today.

I had a random Christmas post all written up, a few link ups I was supposed to take part in, and something else I'd promised I'd do but it all seems so very unimportant right now.  So unimportant.  I don't know if you've heard about what is going on in Connecticut right now but 2 men with guns came onto an elementary school campus and now one of them is dead the other at large and 26 people are dead.  18 children and 8 adults.  Not counting those transported to nearby hospitals.  At this time of year that is supposed to be so beautiful and fun and full of love it's disgusting and disturbing that these horrible things can happen.  I know all 18 of those beautiful children are in heaven right now with the Lord...of course I grieve as well for the 8 adults but there is something about them being little children that make it so much harder to take.  The school only went from 2nd-4th grade...they were so little, so young.  I wonder what makes a person want to do that, let alone two people.  I'll be praying for the staff at that school, the families of the dead, the children that made it out but are probably so frightened.  They all need our prayers right now.  Something like this just makes you stop and think.  Stop worrying about all the Christmas rush, the crafts, the projects, the baking you want to come out just right, the gifts you still need to buy or wrap, the Christmas card that you need to be so perfect...it just makes none of that matter it's no longer significant at all.  I know today when my baby brothers get home I will have a hard time not just standing there and hugging them for 15 minutes, I'm going to be anxious until my family is home and safe under our roof that God has blessed us with.  Today I'm not going to make lists and worry and be frantic.  Today I am going to pray, I'm going to talk to the Lord and do something little and meaningful that I've been putting off.  I'm going to love my family, and make sure they know it.  I'm going to try and enjoy every second and be thankful every one of those seconds.  Because they are all precious.

What will you do today?  Will you join me today in prayers for all those involved in this?

2 comments:

Jane said...

The whole situation is just so incredibly heart breaking. :( I can't understand what would prompt anyone to do something so awful.

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

I just came across your blog. I would love for you to come check out mine. Maybe we could follow each other?
-wHiT

 
Jane Whitney Designs