Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sick on a Tuesday

Being sick is not fun, I remember someone *not sure who I can't remember that little detail* once told me being sick when you're pregnancy is So much worse than being sick when you aren't pregnant...whoever you are that told me that...you were like 110% right.  Just thought you should know.  I'm not sure why it's worse it just Is.  It all started this weekend Friday night my little brothers *AKA the terror twins* were switching off coughing every 5 minutes this continued till Saturday then the runny noses started and constant sleeping *the last part I was kind of ok with me...evil sister that I am* and Sunday they were better and Monday was amazing for them, today they are at school.  But you see around Sunday I started blowing my nose like a crazy person, hunting for cough drops because my throat felt so stinking itchy and feeling all around pretty much like crap.  Yesterday was so much worse, yesterday I slept a lot.  And it was a rough night's sleep last night *please pity my husband who gets up at like 4:30 usually for work*.  Of course I'm a little more worried with this cold because I'm pregnant but I decided that by Thursday if I'm not better I will be headed to the doctor bright and early Friday morning.  Why wait so long you ask?  Because Tuesday has me feeling a lot better actually.  I'm super surprised I thought death would be poking his head in and asking to borrow a cup of sugar if yesterday was any indication of my health.  But no, I still have a scratchy throat but I'm not feeling exhausted and my nose is now simply plugged up instead of running 5xs the speed of light. 

So I'm thinking of making up the muffin mix for Husband's breakfast tomorrow so all I have to do is pop them in the oven, probably make his lunch and have it in the fridge waiting for him for tomorrow as well, go over a to-do list or two, and make some homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner along with some grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.  I am a little sad because I wanted to decorate for Christmas but I'm still not feeling as good as I'd like so I'm putting it off I refuse to not enjoy decorating as much as humanly possible.  I hope I remember to take it easy though, because that is gonna get me better faster than anything.  And when I'm sick the hardest thing for me to do is just chill out.  I want to be Doing things!  Getting things done and crossing them off the to-do list!  ...But I'll try and tone it all down a bit because Hopefully Thursday will be Christmas tree day for the Powers-Lester families!


Does sickness spread like wild fire in your house to?  My dad just came waking in like a zombie coughing so I gave it to him I'm thinking.  Do you have your tree up?  Have a happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

I'll Love You Forever said...

Hope you start feeling better soon! It really is a ton worse when preggo. Hang in there! Love the blog look!

Beth said...

A friend of mine had the flu while she was pregnant and I just felt so badly for her. You can't take anything, you already feel rough... so I feel for you, too! :)

I've tagged you in a Christmas game of Tag, swing by Whiskey Tango for more info and join if you'd like!

Thanks, Beth!
http://whiskeytangohello.blogspot.com

 
Jane Whitney Designs