Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Milspouse Quiz

 
Saw this quiz on a blog post from fellow Army Wife Mrs.Krista Koons from, Life Is The Messy Bits who in turn got it from Janey's Favorite Things it's a super fun little Military Spouse Quiz (makes me miss the Myspace days I swear) seeing as in about 2 1/2 weeks I will no longer be an active duty Military Wife but the wife of a seasoned Army veteran I should take this opportunity while I can ;)
 
The MilSpouse Quiz
1. How did you and your spouse meet? We met on 'Myspace'..Thank you Tom..♥
2. How old were you when you two met? I was 18 and he was 22 *gotta love an older man right ;) lol ..*
3. How long have you been together? 2 1/2 years
4. Where are you and your spouse originally from? I'm born, raised, and currently living in Northern CA and my husband was born and raised in Arkansas
5. How did you feel about your spouse joining the military? He was already in the military, it didn't factor in at all in my choice to be with him.  To me it was just his job and any difficulties or hardships that came with it were just part of life and part of being married.  You're in a committed relationship you're there for the good and bad.
6. Where did your spouse go to Basic Training? Fort Knox, Kentucky
7. Has your spouse ever been deployed? Yes our first year as a married couple he was deployed to Afghanistan
8. Ever been to his promotion ceremony? Nope he was in Afghanistan (or what he and his guys *and I* not-so-fondly refer to as 'The Shit')
9. How long have you been a military wife? I've been a military wife for 2 years
10. Did you marry him before or after he joined? I married him after he'd been in about a year
11. How did your husband propose? He didn't LOL!  We talked about it and decided to get married before we met, after he met me he aksed not only my father for permission to marry me but also my grandfather and he had every intention of asking me but we got caught up in everything and didn't realize till about 3 days after being married he DIDN'T DO IT!  Lol but about 4 months after we were married and before he deployed we were visiting his home in Arkansas and he got me another ring and got down on one knee right by the river on a BEAUTIFUL warm night there was a full moon and everything and said the sweetest things and asked me to please stay married to him ;) ...I said yes...♥
12. Where did you get married? We got married in my church here in Nor-Cal it was awesome all decorated for Christmas with pointsettias and a tree! (we got married on Christmas Eve)
13. How old were you two when you got married? I was 19 and he was 22
14. Did he wear his uniform on his wedding day? Nope he wore dark jeans, converse, and a really nice pin-striped dress shirt
15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed? He is currently stationed in Vilseck, Germany and I live in California unless we wanted to pay for everything ourselves he had to have 3 years on his contrast for me to get command sponsorship.
16. Do you live on base? I don't!  We have our own little temporary place on my family's ranch, he lives in the barracks on his base though.
17. How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation? We were married for 10 days, then he had to go back to Germany.  In the last 2 1/2 years I've seen him 5 times.
18. What is your favorite base so far? well I've been to a few Air Force bases (Travis was the BEST) and two german Army bases (I prefer Vilseck just because I know where everything is and it's so small)
19. Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform? I think he looks wonderful in his uniform, no other soldier could compare!  But he looks amazing in EVERYTHING ...and nothing ;)
20. Do you think military life is more advanced than civilian life? I don't understand this question at all, I think military life is harder and easier in some ways.
21. Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent? Deffinitely, Military Discount BayBay!!!!! (every time my liberal friend is with me and I use my discount she screams 'RAPING THE GOVERNMENT' at the top of her lungs...Thank you Lauren)
22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? Yessss I do, I had my own support group when I still had facebook and still have quite a few Military Girls that I talk to every day!
23. What is the hardest part of the military life? Sometimes it's the seperation, and others it's never knowing whats going on or when it's going to happen...I guess the uncertainty
24. Do you own military wife stuff? yeah lol a couple shirts and a pair of underwear ;)
25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the military? Yes, I support all military members.  And i support my husband in everything he does.  I started a military wife support group, but if he was a janitor I would've started a Janitor's wife support group.  The military doesn't define my husband it's not who he is, it's his job.  but yes I do

No comments:

 
Jane Whitney Designs