Sunday, December 11, 2011

Heart, Home, Hearth, and of course my Hero!





In common historic and modern usage, a hearth is a brick- or stone-lined fireplace or oven often used for cooking and/or heating. For centuries, the hearth was considered an integral part of a home, often its central or most important feature. This concept has been generalized to refer to a homeplace or household, as in the terms "hearth and home" and "keep the home fires burning." In fireplace design, the hearth is often considered the visible elements of the fireplace, with emphasis upon the floor level extension of masonry associated with the fireplace mantel.


A home is a place of residence or refuge.[1] When it refers to a building, it is usually a place in which an individual or a family can rest and store personal property. Most modern-day households contain sanitary facilities and a means of preparing food. Animals have their own homes as well, either living in the wild or shared with humans in a domesticated environment. "Home" is also used to refer to the geographical area (whether it be a suburb, town, city or country) in which a person grew up or feels they belong, or it can refer to the native habitat of a wild animal. Sometimes, as an alternative to the definition of "home" as a physical locale ("Home is where you hang your hat"), home may be perceived to have no physical location—instead, home may relate instead to a mental or emotional state of refuge or comfort. Popular sayings along these lines are "Home is where the heart is" or "You can never go home again".



As probably only I will be able to tell, I've changed the name of my blog and done it up a little bit.  I went from being "It Can't Rain All The Time" to "Home is where the Heart is".  Why you probably aren't asking?  Well I'll tell you!  Because when I first created this blog I just needed a creative outlet, a place to be honest but in my honesty to almost force myself to see the bright side or at least a better side.  "It Can't Rain All The Time" is a quote for my favorite movie (if you want to read the full story you can check out My 'It Can't Rain All The Time' Post  ) and it said everything I needed to hear at the time...that things will get better and it was also a sentimental way to bring my husband into every post and integrate him into all aspects of my life.  But now that one chapter is coming to a close in my life, in Stephen's life, in our lives, and in our marriage it seemed like a change was in order.  Stephen is getting out of the Army sometime within the next 3-4 months to some people that seems like a lifetime but believe me I know how fast (and sometimes slow) it can actually go.  It's scary to think that we'll be 'civilians' soon.  I felt like we'd just gotten Army life figured out.  And now we'll be facing a whole new set of issues, worries, problems, and situations we haven't even had to think about in the last two years of our marriage.  But i know that with all the worry and the scary stuff will be amazing memories that can never be replaced.  Just like our Army Days have given us.  I guess we'll be civilians/veterans ;) I can deal with that lol I'm sure he can to.  Don't get my wrong I'm fine with us being done now, between his hernia issues and losing Javier in the last deployment it just wasn't right anymore it was to much on him and on us.  Anyway thats more for another post. 



So with all the changes, not only in our status, his job, finances, and our location...I figured it was like I said time for another change, a positive change, a small act of goodwill on my part accepting these changes because wether I am ready or not they are a-coming!  So I changed the name, the look, and the quote a bit.  Home is an idea I've always been obsessed with.  I've always wanted to be a June Cleaver housewife, a stay at HOME mom, I've always wanted my own home to take care of (and the husband and kids who go with it...oh and the dog, can't forget the dog) so Jane Austin's quote really spoke to me, and then there is the idea that 'Home is where the Heart is' and I firmly believe that and my heart has been with my husband this whole time...I'm interested to see what our life will be like when we're together and can start to create our own little home for us to actually LIVE IN together...so stay tuned for lots of Fort Lester updates!





So lately my husband (aka My Hero), my home, and the idea of a 'Hearth' have been swirling around in my mind...probably because all 4 of those things keep me warm and its been COLD out here lol!  Whats on your mind in this cold weather?  What are you looking forward to in the new year?

No comments:

 
Jane Whitney Designs