Saturday, October 29, 2011

Not going to give in

It seems pike Satan always tries to kick you back down after you have a really great spiritual time, after you feel really touched by the Lord. He's been trying to do that to me all morning. But I'm not going to let it happen. I'm not going to give in. I have my Lord what else could I possibly need? I do not want to just be full of misery and anger and frustration today. I won't let myself even though the easiest thing would be to give myself over to those negative emotions and feelings, but I won't do it. Even if I don't do anything important, even if I just catch up on blogging or work on my website or my to-do list it's better than wallowing in self pity and my idea of emotional pain (because the movie last put it into perspective for me I have no clue what real pain is emotional or otherwise).


"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:8 KJV)

I really love this verse! It's so true, I need to be vigilant because when I least expect it and everything is going good the devil is going to strike when I'm strong in the Lord the devil is angry and wants to bring me down and away from God. I won't let him, because I have the Lord to lean on <3


"This little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine"

No comments:

 
Jane Whitney Designs