Saturday, April 27, 2013

Spiritual high

I'm on a spiritual high right now, I've always known that being a faithful Christian doesn't mean that hard times never come your way it means you're better prepared to Deal with the hard times when they do  come.  And that's never been more true for me then right now.  Stephen's brother has had a stroke and while there is some improvement he is still critical, we can't afford for both of us to go out there in fact we can barely afford for him to go out there *When did flying become SO expensive?* so we have to wait until it's necessary for him to go *which we hope it won't be*, we've have had ongoing issues with Big decisions that need to be made, we've had problems waiting on the Army to do some things, and the baby has been sick...it just feels like one thing after another.  But you know what?  That is OK because the Lord is providing us with enough to get by, enough to hold us over, enough to keep our hope alive, enough comfort and peace to help us get through! And he always will.  It's amazing to know I can Always count on getting just what I Need because he knows what I need better than I ever could!  I felt the Holy spirit just wash over me last night, it was 2:40am and I was up with the baby *who wasn't up but I was watching her to make sure she was breathing...I'm a new mom I get to do that sometimes* and I just felt satan trying to bring me down, make me fearful, paranoid, worried.  Now my great-grandfather used to tell my mother who had her fair share of trials to and I quote " Kelly-Ree you just tie satan up in a tree Just tieeeeeee him up in that tree you hear me?" *and in case you were wondering he was a good old hell-fire and brimstone kinda man from Oklahoma so you can go ahead and re-read that in an accent if you want and to help paint a picture for you he was 6'4 and about 250lbs in his 80's so he was good sized and was always waving a good old King James around* anyway that always comes to mind so I was honestly still shaking from fear I prayed, and I kept praying and then I didn't think that was working so I put in a favorite bible classic the story of Moses not only for some background noise but I always get touched by it everytime.  Then I got on the computer and started googling verses on the Lord's protection and suddenly old hymns started coming to mind and I decided to get on youtube which I Rarely do and I looked up Shall we gather at the river, and then more beautiful old songs came to mind and I looked them up before I knew what was going on it was 4:30 and I'd posted about 10 videos to my facebook page and then started sharing some beautiful and encouraging Christian sayings from facebook pages I've liked.  I'm not usually so vocal about my faith on facebook, I'm not one to just put it out there like that but I'm convinced the Holy spirit was just working within me last night and I just had to spread the joy, comfort, and peace I was feeling!  Then it's continuing this morning, then I saw this status update and was completely floored.

Don't be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone. – God commonly gives us tasks that require His strength and great faith. ~~CALLED Magazine


What I was doing last night and this morning was stepping outside of my comfort zone, and it not only helped me but maybe it encouraged some others!  It felt amazing, I was uplifted sharing the good news of my Lord!  I was people to know how much I Love him and even more how much he loves me!  I need to get outside my comfort zone more and that's something I hope to do with my future blog!  It was a very 'this little light of mine' experience haha!  i don't know if anyone will read this but it felt so good typing it and getting it all out there!  If anyone is and you're going through something I want you to know Jesus loves you and cares about you and he KNOWS you and what you're going through don't be afraid to turn to him and more importantly give it all to him!  Who better to handle it all then the one who created us all?!  Have a blessed weekend!

This Little Light Of Mine Hymn

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Won't let Satan blow it out.
I'm gonna let it shine.
Won't let Satan blow it out.
I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Let it shine til Jesus comes.
I'm gonna let it shine.
Let it shine til Jesus comes.
I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Hide it under a bushel - NO!
I'm gonna let it shine.
Hide it under a bushel - NO!
I'm gonna let it shine, Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Let it shine over the whole wide world,
I'm gonna let it shine.
Let it shine over the whole wide world,
I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.



No comments:

 
Jane Whitney Designs