Friday, October 26, 2012

DIY fall Wreath

I loved this I was so happy with how it turned out, how easy it was ...and the fact that I didn't have to sew ANYTHING!


What you'll need; Scraps of fabric, super glue or hot glue, a wreath frame.



Start out with a wreath frame *this one was purchased at the dollar store* and I decided to cover it completely with one solid fabric *used some burlap that we had on hand*.


Begin by cutting long strips of fabric, about 5 or 6 inches wide.  I highly suggest getting fabric scissors we just got some and I don't know how we've lived without them!


Take the strips of fabric and simply wrap it around the frame!  When you have it wrapped glue the end of it down firmly.


Then take another kind of fabric, I used an old dress and cut it into smaller strips and wrap just like you did the burlap and glue it down again!


...now I'm sorry I can't tell you how to do these little rose looking things out of scraps of fabrics...my husband did these...he is pretty amazing.  I know though that they have A LOT of tutorials on pinterest!  And when you have them made just glue those suckers on the wreath!

And then you are DONE! 

No comments:

 
Jane Whitney Designs