My husband always says two things that I try and remember and keep with me the first is "you know how to not be jealous of people and be completely content with what you have? First you don't look at what they have or what you don't have. Then You Realize not just What you have But what you are Blessed with" and the second is "Happiness is a choice, just make yourself be happy don't let yourself get stupid and just don't pick nothin' else"
...smart man my husband, a very smart man
(at least when he's not making himself sick on an entire bag of marshmellows *ahem*)
Today I was flirtin real hard with that darn selfpity train again, feeling sorry for myself and just feeling like I was gonna explode and everything was miserable and needing a darn good cry. But instead of that I'm gonna make a list of all the 'Happy' goin on in this life that I am Darn blessed to have!
More Happy than I can shake a stick at
- My southern gentleman will be home in 11 Days
- The Lord has provided (like he always does) and our financial stresses are gone (well the ones that aren't normal anyway)
- Our new once-a-month-big-family dinner was a Roaring success (I say roaring because all 4 of us girl cousins were together in one room...with wine)
- I got off my big 'ol butt and walked 2miles today!
- I have a dad I can joke around with and talk to
- I get to drive my favorite little tractor around all the time
- my little brothers are just their own people so much it's a miracle how far they've come
- I have love from people coming out my ears if I just let them through sometimes
- I have a wonderful bestfriend named Lauren
- The Lord loves me and forgives me! he always has and always will
- my aunt Dianna can go with us to pick up my hubby
- I was able to go through ALL our clothes and get way organized
- my husband made it back alive from Afghanistan
- we're done with deployments
- we are going to have a real-life marriage
- All the wonderful things we learned about each other, communitcation, marriage, commitment, and making it work in the first two years of our marraige
- the fun little ride my dad and I took in his new car
- the gastation gourmet we feasted(jalapeno corn dog anyone?)
- that my moms friend was ok after surgery!
- I still have candles left over from christmas that smell like cookies
- the cheap wine supply is holding up nicely!
- I've got some cook books coming from amazon
- My self esteem and the way I look and feel about my body have taken a turn for the better!
- I have plenty of supplies for plenty of creative projects
- I was blessed with some pretty good cookin' skills
- I have 21 followers on here :)
- that even after I'm off facebook I still have a few really good friends to chat w/via email&text
- that my storage shed can hold all of our old stuff Cough*crap*Cough
- that my car is still in wonderful condition
- I finally learned how to give myself a french manicure and it actually looks quite professional!
- I realize now how unimportant money actually is
- I realize how unimportant 'stuff' is
- I married my best friend
- that i found funny old pics of my hubby and i
- that I worked my butt off enough today and did good enough (in my humble oppinion) to deserve a glass of red wine before bed!
- that I'm off facebook
- I am finally starting to realize the depth of the Lord's love for me
- I have two different churches to attend that I Love!
Like I said, more happy than this girl could shake a stick at...and these are just off the top of my head!
Please Enjoy these goofy summer pictures!