Friday, December 23, 2011

Preparing for Christmas

 

So it's close enough to Christmas now that I can finally start to enjoy it, and really really stress out about it.  And on this particular day I was stressing out about what I'm going to wear on Christmas Eve (we get together with my mom's side) and could find NOTHING in all the clothes I have NOTHING I even went to a store and found nothing!!!  Finally gettting a bit distraught/carried away and starting to feel grotesquely overweight and ugly (I am neither) I went and read through my bible a bit, decided to tackle some more of Luke.  My goal is to read a bit of Luke every day until (and on) Christmas Day and finish it Christmas day.  I know just the begining is about Christ's birth but I started and didn't want to stop ya know?  Well I stumbled across this verse (a new favorite of mine)

Luke 12:22-23 (NKJV) 'Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. 23 Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing.'

...wow!  I  was just told to stop worrying about my clothes, and really?  Why am I?  Because I want to look just as nice as everyone else?  Because I want people to be envious of me?  Because I want to feel good about myself?  Well clothes don't make your self esteem better (even if you think they are they're not it's just for a minute then you hate yourself again) and I'm not worrying because I want to be comfortable...comfort never entered my mind!  Not once!  So why am I freaking out?  I'm freaking out because of all these ridiculous reasons!  So I stopped I walked away, I have no clue what I'm wearing tomorrow and it does not matter in the least!  Thank you Lord

No comments:

 
Jane Whitney Designs