Monday, September 19, 2011

My Daily Devotions

I just needed to write this down, really read and re-read it again.  They both apply to me so well, so perfectly (I'm including today's and yesterday's).  It feels sometimes like God is talking to me through my Streams In The Desert book.  Church was great yesterday, it gave me lots of ideas for my Hero's Honey group surprisingly, it was almost as if the entire sermon was geared toward my problem even though its not a very big problem its still been weighing heavy on my mind.  And I'm hoping I finally have the solution (Thank you Lord!).  So the sermon was wonderful yesterday and it's usually veryyy hard for me to concentrate on the Sermon for some reason it usually doesn't 'touch me' like I wish it did but I have a feeling its more to do with the state of mind I go in there with sometimes than the Pastor's sermon, but today he did say something that caught my attention before he preached "Lord please help this sermon to be your words not mine" ..or something to that affect and I just really liked that.  So the sermon was wonderful!  Church was good, got lots of hugs from everyone and it was nice.  Then night church was just AMAZING.  We're almost done with revelations and I never thought I would say I have enjoyed and loved it! My pastor has just done an amazing job of explaining it all, and its a great chance to spend time with my daddy to :)

ok so here we go my favorite parts of my devotions the last two days!


Monday Sept.19th
"My Father is the husbandman." (John 15:1)

"It is comforting to think of trouble, in whatever form it may come to us, as a heavenly messenger, bringing us something from God.  In its earthly aspect it may seem hurtful even destructive; but in its spiritual out working it yields blessings! Many of the richest blessings which have come down to us from the past are the fruit of our sorrow or pain.  WE should never forget that redemption, the world's greatest blessing is the fruit of the world's greatest sorrow."

"pruning seems to be destroying the vine, the gardener appears to be cutting it all away; but he looks on into the future and knows that the final outcome will be the enrichment of its life and greater abundance of fruit."


Sunday Sept.18th
"Where there is no vision the people perish" (Prov. 29:18)

"WAITING upon God is necessary in order to see Him, to have a vision of Him. The time element in vision is essential. Our hearts are like a sensitive photographer’s plate; and in order to have God revealed there, we must sit at His feet a long time. The troubled surface of a lake will not reflect an object."

No comments:

 
Jane Whitney Designs