Friday, August 19, 2011

Just Listen, Listen to myself.


Please go to the link above before reading this blog, it is a lovely idea and I hope to start watching it regularly.  A friend passed it along to me and I am so glad! Thank you Lyn!  That link is wonderful, it makes me feel so much better, and calmer.

Today is kind of a hard day for many different reasons, and while I like to blog I don't like to put up the intimate details of my life.  So I'm just going to say prayers would be much appreciated.  Today can go one of two ways.  1) I can do what I want and spend it alone, doing whatever I feel like planning things that I want to plan, just doing things that I've been wanting to in a calm and serene peace.
2) Or I can do what I said I'd do and go with my friend to Karaoke, and yes enjoy it but still have a kind of sad empty feeling about it all. 

I think I'm going to end up doing what I want to do, and I honestly think what I need to do.  What I'd really like is to go to the video store and rent Casablanca, Stage Coach, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and another classic film, something lovely with Maureen O'Hara or Lauren Bacall.  Today is a bittersweet day and I personally think that it calls for classic romance, and bittersweet films with some of my favorite men, the ones who will never ever let me down...no I am not talking about Mr.Ben and Mr. Jerry...although I do think they do wonderful work and admire them very much.  I'm talking about the men who have always been in my life, my true loves;

Mr. Humphrey Bogart
Mr. John Wayne
Mr. Christian Slater
and if my sad excuse for a video store has it, a film with Mr. Ronald Reagan

The movies would be;
Casablanca
Stage Coach
Mobsters
The Ronald Reagen movie I'm not sure if our video store even has any </3

And Finally
For my bitter-sweet female film
Breakfast at Tiffany's (of course)

(also may rent a Tyler Perry Movie for a pick-me-up after)

Today is a kind of day I want to clean, write, read, drink tea, make a healthy Delicious dinner with a good dessert.  Do my nails, take a relaxing shower do a mud mask, watch my movies, edit pictures.  Make my lists and plans for September (alot of things happening in September).  I want to read some more of  'The Power of A Praying Wife' and maybe even take some notes to post in the prayer group or even just on here.  I want to catch up on my blogs, posting and reading.  I want to do some exercises that are going to hurt but feel oh-so good in the long run.  I want to go to sleep early and stay asleep all night and then wake up early to a beautiful new day.  Tonight I want to go to the 'Quiet place' (the link above) repeatedly.  And then watch the How To Be Alone video (located at the end of this blog I highly recommend watching that also).  and I really want to clean out my purse lol.  Today and Tonight there is really only one quote to some up how I feel and how I want it to go.

"I don't want to be alone, I want to be left alone."

Said by Audrey Hepburn as Holly GoLightly in Breakfast At Tiffany's

I also want to write in my prayer journal.

I took this photo yesterday and then edited it and I really love the quote and how the picture itself turned out.  So I thought I'd share it here.


You probably have to zoom in or something to see this picture and read the quote its from one of my favorite Sarah Dessen books, Just Listen.  Alot of times I feel like people hear me but they aren't really listening or that they don't even bother to listen to me.  That's why I so often like to be alone with my own thoughts and feelings.  That's why I love my headphones.  This quote/ and the entire story is about a girl who needed to talk needed to tell someone or anyone something and just couldn't nobody ever asked and when they did she could tell they didn't care to know the answer.

  "I was convinced I was on the outside but really I'd always been within arms reach all I had to do was ask and I to would be easily brought back surrounded and immersed finding myself somewhere in between"


So that's it for now, I'll probably post later and update on which way the day went

Here is an amazing video that I love and really means alot to me, because I already do all of that lol although I do brings books and phones with me at resturaunts when I eat alone at times, usually just because I'm bored though. Please enjoy this video on How to be alone.




No comments:

 
Jane Whitney Designs